Soon the winter is here and we should prepare our lips to this fantastic, but cold season. To prevent the cracked and painful lips, try to make your own Cacao Lip Balm.
Let us share with you a new recipe:
- cocoa butter
- shea butter
- castor oil
- orange essential oil
- All tools should be perfectly clean before you begin. You will need a 50ml measuring cup, some spoons and a glass stick for mixing.
- First, put a teaspoon of beeswax in the measuring cup, then 4 teaspoons of cocoa butter, plus a tablespoon of castor oil.
- Melt the ingredients in a water bath. You can help the melting process by mixing, and as soon as all the ingredients are liquid, remove the bowl from the water bath.
- After this, put a teaspoon of shea butter in the melted mix, and leave it until it’s melting in the warm. If you need, you can put it back to the water bath, but don’t heat it more than it necessary.
- If the mix is homogenous again, drop into it 3 drops of orange essential oil. Always use Bio Essential Oils!
- Mix again the ingredients and stream it fast in the lip balm tube. Don’t touch it until it cools down.The result will be a nice orange-chocolate flavor lip balm which you do not have to use too often. In cold weather, you can use it on your red face too.
You can find everything you’ll need in our webshop: DIY Lip Balm Kit with Lip Balm Tube